Legal Counsel To New York City’s Condo And Co-Op Boards
No matter how carefully worded the bylaws and house rules, no matter how fair and objective the board members strive to be, problems and disputes are inevitable. The law firm of Nadel & Ciarlo enables NYC cooperatives and condominiums to manage legal issues effectively and efficiently. We serve New York City, Long Island and Westchester County.
We provide general counsel and legal representation to condo and co-op boards throughout the greater New York City area. While we seek out-of-court outcomes in the best interests of all parties, our experienced trial lawyers are prepared to litigate with a reputation for effective courtroom results.
What Our Firm Can Do For You
Our experienced lawyers can capably and swiftly respond to legal matters that arise in day-to-day operations, from contracts with outside parties to internal disputes with unit owners. We offer advice, legal opinions and representation for:
- Meetings, minutes and elections
- Interpretation and enforcement of house rules
- Maintenance fee and common charge disputes
- Assessments and flip tax issues
- Breach of fiduciary duty or conflict of interest
- Managing agent agreements and issues
- Alteration agreements
- Offering plan and sponsor control
- Bylaw disputes and modifications
- Right of first refusal
- Construction contracts and construction litigation
- Mechanics liens
- Alterations, maintenance and repairs
- Neighbor, noise, smoking and disturbance issues
Often solutions come through structured negotiations. Sometimes a legal clarification or the threat of legal action ends the dispute. On occasion litigation is required and the conflicts must be resolved by the courts. From more than 25 years of experience in condo and co-op law, our attorneys know how to avoid unnecessary litigation while helping boards maintain authority and fairness.
Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Co-Op or Condo Law Concern
We represent and counsel co-op and condo boards to assist with all their legal needs. Please contact our New York City attorneys for condo board representation at contact us online to arrange an appointment.